Monday, January 16, 2012

Dear Lainey,

My sweet bug. You are napping and I'm watching you on the monitor, waiting for you to wake up so I can get out of the house and run a few errands.


You are sleeping so peacefully. Last night you finally gave mommy a little break and you slept from 8:45 until 6 a.m., and then again from 6:30 until 9:30! You have no idea how much I needed that little rest.


Every day I see and hear things, in life and on tv, and because of you, I have such a different perspective on life in general. Things that normally wouldn't particularly bother me now enrage me. Things that I thought would make me tense or upset, now seem to not matter.


Sometimes people in our lives will unintentionally hurt us. And sometimes they will say things that they should never say. But I promise you, my little Lainey bug, that I will never dump my problems on you. I will never make you see your daddy in a bad light and I will always want you to see the best in both of us. I can't promise that there will not be tough times that you will unfortunately be witness to. Some things are unavoidable. But I do promise that I will never unnecessarily make you aware of my problems that will do nothing but make you feel guilt or sadness.


I never in my life imagined I could be as happy as I am at this point in my life and I want to do everything in my power to protect that happiness so that you will grow up and have the same thing. I want you to be happy and confident, and I eventually want you to know and love our God that is responsible for all of our happiness. I want you to never question mine or daddy's motives and just to know that no matter what, we love you and you will always be important. Every decision we make will be with you in mind. You are our life. Nothing will change that, please always remember that.


Love,


Mom