Sunday, January 15, 2012

Dear Lainey,

You are growing so quickly. Yesterday I put you down for a nap on your belly (gasp!) and you woke up on your back! You are trying so hard to roll over and to sit up. Sometimes you forget that you are still so little.





You have also recently found your voice. You chat with mommy all day long. I love to hear you talk and sing. When I sing to you, you will sing along.


I remember how badly I wanted you and how the day I found out you were coming, I cried tears of joy and knew that my life would be forever changed...for the better. Life with you is better than I could have ever imagined. Every day I sit and stare at you in wonder. I can't believe how lucky I am that God chose me to be your mom.


I promise that I will spend each day trying to be the best mom I can be. Because you deserve the best. I am in complete awe of you.


Today was your first day in church. You were great, until you started screaming. But everyone was fine with it. They were just happy to see you there! As we sat there, I tried to think of words to show my thankfulness to God for you...I couldn't. Because there simply aren't words. Love, thank you, gratitude. They just aren't enough to express what I feel for you.


I love you, bug.


Love,
Mom